Monday, February 12, 2007

Why Blog?

What is the point of all this - why am I trying to post anything about my life online?

The truth of the matter is this: I'm going through a "transition period" right now, and I'm having some difficulty adjusting. One of my wife's good friends is counselor and was a psych major. I've had some good, long discussions with her about what is causing me all this angst and anxiety. She has been great, and one suggestion she kept making was that I start a blog journal. In it, I could regularly post about different issues that are troubling me. By "airing out" my concerns, I should be able to see them more clearly, and hence deal with them more effectively.

I'm a bit apprehensive about posting some of my personal issues online, but I'm willing to give it a try. "Baby steps" is her mantra, and that is what I'm going to do.